My home was at its most cluttered was when I was chronically ill. Now I’m not saying that living in a cluttered house caused my illness, but I have definitely seen a pattern over the years with both my clients and myself. Often those that find it difficult to clear out clutter have very low energy, and find it difficult to move forward in their lives.
I can recall one client who had a diagnosis of M.E. and as classically found with this dis-ease picture, had very poor energy levels and fatigue, yet found it very difficult to switch off and sleep deeply at night.
On one of our Skype sessions she was in bed and I started to hear lots of strange noises. I asked her what it was that I could hear. As she brought the cutest little pygmy hedgehog to the camera I started to realise the extent of her love for owning exotic and unusual animals, which she had mentioned in passing.
We both laughed at the number of animals that lived in her bedroom as she proudly started to tell me, from pigmy hedgehogs to exotic frogs and snakes. She also mentioned she had a tonne of stuff stored under her bed.
She agreed to focus on making her bedroom a sanctuary for sleep and moved the animals out of the bedroom as well as clearing out a whole load of old belongings by the time we had out next session, by which time she was also sleeping a lot better.
Reasons I love to de-clutter:–
- It can change the energy in the house to one of being much clearer and freer
- It can often be a sign that my liver is functioning well. In Eastern medicine the liver is all about planning, productivity and moving forward effortlessly. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve detoxed my liver then suddenly found myself detoxing my home too and become hugely more productive as a result
- It can open you up to new avenues of income. There have been many times my family seem to have suddenly come into more money or have had a jump in income when we have done a big de-clutter. It’s kind of like a dirty old bottle full of stagnant water. You can’t put any clean fresh drinking water in until you empty out the old
- We can sleep better when we are in a clean and tidy room, most importantly without lots of clutter under the bed and over our heads, (if you have an attic). That includes electronic pollution too like Smartphones and other Wi-Fi emitting devices
- Day to day living is a lot easier when we own less stuff and really value what we have. No matter how small a purchase I make I ensure it’s something I love and appreciate having in my home.
If you’re feeling inspired to start detoxing then you can start with my FREE Cleanse Your Liver Web-class. BOOK HERE: